Nardalici is the name of the company where the vineyards of Nerello Mascalese and Nerello Cappuccio from which you get this Etna DOC are grown. The vineyards have an average age of over 80 years and are still cultivated with the farming method sapling on land that was formed by the disintegration of types of different ages lava and eruptive materials such as lava , ash and sand , with a very high drainage capacity that has a balancing function in the grape ripening process and this with great benefits on alcohol content , color and quality of the wine .
NARDALICI ETNA D.O.C. – Terre di Giurfo
- APPELLATION OF ORIGIN: Etna D.O.C. Denominetion of Controlled Origin.
- TYPE OF WINE: Red.
- GRAPE SOURCE: Viagrande Aci Sant’Antonio (CT).
- VARIETAL: 85% Nerello Mascalese 15% Nerello Cappuccio.
- VINEYARD YEAR: 1930.
- ALTITUDE: 700 meters above sea level.
- MICROCLIMATE: Hilly, characterized by strong contrasts between day and night.
- SOIL: Volcanic loose, rich in minerals.
- CULTIVATION SYSTEM: Alberate.
- PLANTING DENSITY: 10000 plants per hectare.
- HARVEST PERIOD: Mid of October.
- VINIFICATION: In red with maceration on skins.
- FERMENTATION TANKS: Stainless-steel, 150 hl. capacity.
- FERMENTATION TEMPERATURE: 20 – 25°C.
- AGING: Refining in stainless steel, followed in bottle.
- BOTTLING PERIOD: Early March.
- MACERATION PERIOD: 15 days on skins.
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.00% vol.
- AGING CAPACITY: 15 years.
- COLOR: Ruby red.
- BOUQUET: Characteristic of the variety, with notes of red berries.
- TASTE: note of cinnamon and pepper.
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16 – 22°C.
- FOOD TO PAIR WITH: Ideal accompaniment to grilled meat, roasts, game and matured cheeses.